Do you want to be part of the University Council next year?
For the next academic year, the SOG faction is looking for a new faction for the University Council. Since last year, we have been the largest party in the council. We would like to continue this, but this is only possible with you as a motivated student! Are you the one who likes to have a say in what is happening in and around the university? Do you want to stand up for the interests of students in higher education? As well as getting to know the student life of Groningen inside and out?
Does this appeal to you? Then we are looking for you!
What is the University Council?
Who are we looking for?
What do we offer you?
The University Council (also known as the U-council) is the highest representative body of the University of Groningen. It is also the interlocutor of the Executive Board (CvB) and regularly consults with this body. As a group member you supervise the policy of the RUG and give your own input by submitting your own ideas to the Executive Board. In addition, you are in contact with the entire student world in Groningen and represent the interests of all students for a year.
- Critical students, driven for change.
- An assertive and well-spoken person, who is not afraid to express his/her opinion.
- A team player; someone who can work well together!
- Students with the ambition to develop socially, academically and politically.
- Building a broad network within academic Groningen, political The Hague and the rest of the Netherlands.
- To be the face of studying Groningen for one year.
- Gaining knowledge in the field of public speaking, participation and the functioning of a large institution (business aspects)
- Cosy activities with the association of SOG.
- A financial compensation.
The Student Organization Groningen (SOG) has been working to promote the interests of students in Groningen since 1972. It does this through its education-related committees, activities and faction that has five of the twelve student seats on the University Council of the University of Groningen (RUG).